Thursday, August 5, 2010

My New Old Desk, my New Sewing Machine, and my New Sewing Machine Cover

I love antiques. I have waited for my sister-in-law let me have this Art Deco desk. She couldn't use it, and I lived quite a distance from her. Last winter she brought my desk to me from Kansas. Finally I moved it into the Crafty-Sewing room. On the desk, I used Old English Scratch Cover for dark woods, and it turned out perfectly. I think the desk looks like a million bucks. Thanks Soli.

Also, I finally set up my new sewing machine. I love my new Singer Confidence. It works like a dream. No more tension issues anymore. I use to have a Simple Singer, but it couldn't handle the workload. I am so glad that my mom helped me get a new sewing machine. My former AVID tutor took the old one off of my hands. I am very grateful for her help. I wish her all the best when she goes to college in a few weeks. Good luck.

Lastly, I bought a Dritz sewing machine cover for my new sewing machine. The cover was too big, so I altered it and added my favorite ribbon to take in the sides.

2 comments:

  1. Heidi, I love my desk too. I knew you would love it, since I loved your old dresser that you posted about a few monthes ago.

    ReplyDelete