Monday, December 13, 2010

Stack of Scarves-Tutorial


Stack of Scarves, originally uploaded by aaaandreaaaa.
I used Hometown USA yarn from Lionbrand to make these scarves. A friend of mine requested I make her scarves out of this luscious yarn. I used a treble stitch and whipped up a batch of these pretty babies.  It's cold enough here in North Texas and a good scarf is all you need.

As a gift to you here is how I made this scarf:

Chain 9.
In the 5th chain treble crochet. Repeat 5 more times.
Finish row with a treble crochet. 
Chain 4.  Turn.
Skip the first treble crochet and make a treble crochet in the next space.
Repeat 42 more times. 
Tie off.
When tying on be sure to tie new yarn at the end of a row.  Have enough yarn, so that it can be woven in and stitched over with a treble crochet.

Fringe:
Cut 24 pieces of yarn at 30 inches long.  Match two pieces together, so that it is doubled over.  With the loops in your left hand making a u shape, pull through the end of the scarf.  Bring the tails through the loop and pull tight.  Do this 12 more times.  Snip the loops once tied. 

Hook:
S-35, Lionbrand. 
Enjoy.  Please email me with questions, if my directions do not make sense.  Thanks. 
Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

  1. The scarves are fabulous. Thanks for sharing the directions. I need some quick gifts.... Now I need to go buy some yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ruth! I hope they turn out nicely for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, for the tutorial. I need to make a scarf for Gillian and I think I will use this!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your scarf, Jamie.

    ReplyDelete